Our Analytical Techniques
The Platinum Analysis Company’s attentively selected analysts use scientific analytical techniques; some are used in research centers and in the academic world, such as Analysis of Competing Hypotheses, Key Assumptions Check, Benchmarking analysis, Risk Impact/Probability charts, team A and B technique, Satan’s Defense Strategy, and what If Strategy? As well as imaginary techniques to help and predict the future such as the Methods of future and scenario analysis, and Technology: Inside and Outside, the Red (Team) Analysis and Brainstorming.
- Based on our expertise, these analytical techniques contribute to ensuring the quality of the analytical product and help investors working in companies to think creatively to reach sound decisions to solve their problems or develop business.
- Regular adoption by investors of such techniques helps to frame the thinking during the difficult conflicts or crises that confront them.
- The adoption of analytical techniques helps analysts address persistent investment problems, the complexity of global developments, vague or incomplete information, and the innate insufficiency of the human mind
Analysis techniques avoid bias in our reports
The systematic analytical techniques used by the Analysis Platinum Company’s analysts help to take several alternative interpretations and findings into account to ensure that no assumptions, conclusions or effects that may be appropriate to customers or any helpful information that could lead to missed opportunities, warnings or clarifications are dismissed.
- Bias in human perception and assessment is an important reason for analysts to consider alternatives.
- As Richard Hare and others have said, all people understand and evaluate information through “mental models” (sometimes called “frames” or “mental states”), which is to accept and preserve data that is more appropriate to the subconscious mental models of analysts than information that disagrees with those mental models.
- Experienced analysts may be more susceptible to these thinking problems due to their past experience and success in applying proven mental models over the past years.
- The main risks of thinking are that “analysts understand what they expect to perceive and resist ways of change after they have crystallized”, or integrate new information into existing mental models by